6 years of Cultivation Street
When David started Cultivation Street it was the simple idea of bringing a bit of pride and beauty back to Britain's streets. It quickly became apparent though, that there was a much larger ideal here to reach form and a small but inspiring move of community gardens that needed support and representation.
IN CONTACT WITH
SCHOOLS AND COMMUNITIES
YEARS SUPPORTING COMMUNITY GARDENING
£4 MILLION WORTH OF PUBLICITY AND COVERAGE
PROMOTING COMMUNITY AND SCHOOL GARDENING
PEOPLE REACHED THROUGH OUR NEWSLETTER
GIVEN AWAY SO FAR
COMMUNITIES ENGAGING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Launched the Cultivation Street campaign, in print, on line, across the media to British public & the Horticultural industry.
- Focused on Front Gardens and raised awareness across the media and the industry on the plight of these Gardens.
- Created the national competition with hundreds of entries and gave £20,000 in prizes to deserving communities.
- Achieved over £1 million pounds worth of media publicity on neighbourhood gardening together.
- Added a greater involvement in sustainable gardening categories and support on both the environment and garden wildlife.
- Created guides, blogs and our monthly newsletter.
- Placed articles on communities every week in national news publications sharing the stories of the lives gardening transforms.
- We exceeded our past media equivalent spend to in more than £1,300,000.
- Another £20,000 in prizes judged, awarded and publicised to inspire others.
- Added Cultivation School to the campaign, supporting teachers & school clubs.
- Developed social media platforms on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook for communities & schools to share their experiences & advice with each other.
- Again generated over £1,000,000 of equivalent media spend in exposure for front and school gardens.
- The national competition broke records for number of entries and gave another £20,000 in prizes to communities, neighbourhoods and schools
- Refocused the campaign to encompass all aspects of community gardening.
- Added a dimension of supporting projects that are creatively producing great results in the smallest of spaces.
- The launch of our Ambassador scheme - a national network of 160 garden centres assigned a member of staff to be a dedicated point of contact for school or community gardens that need a hand and advice to get started.
- Creating a national database of all community gardens and encourage them to share ideas with each other.
- Creating a database of all community activities and supportive companies who offer free activities in parks and gardens across the UK.
- Setting up a national mentor scheme where community, school & neighbourhood leaders will be available to offer first hand advice to start-up gardening groups.
- We will have given over £100,000 of National Garden Gift Vouchers to schools & communities.
- Due to the success of the campaign a bespoke website has been launched.
- A dedicated team to build relationships further and support all participants.
- A prize pot of £21,000 with cash prizes to all competition winners. Taking the total amount given out over the past 6 years, to over £120,000.
- New sponsor announced - Calliope® Geraniums offering the chance to win Calliope® Geraniums that flower like no other.
- New category announced - Colour Your Life
- A new partnership with Tool Shed, a company who refurbish and distribute free tools to schools and communities.
SIGN UP NOW
Community gardens across the UK are not only growing rapidly in numbers but are also doing incredible work, transforming lives as well as the land itself. We would love you to join us now.